Business Process Manager
Principle is a global brand and implementation consultancy with 22 offices and operations in more than 70 countries. Founded in 1987 in the UK, we work with many of the world’s leading companies to ensure that their brands are brought to life in any environment – from retail stores to pop-up brand experiences to corporate offices and production facilities. We work with clients in a range of industries and our priority sectors include automotive, financial services, retail, telecommunications and other large global corporates.
Principle has four divisions:
- Principle Intelligence – Our brand and business consultancy that sets strategic direction and develops platforms for growth
- Principle Creative – Our creative studio that crafts powerful brand identities and experiences across every channel
- Principle Management Office (PMO) – Our programme management office that drives brand transformation, efficiently and effectively
- Principle Implementation – Our implementation practice that executes sustainable brand change at speed and scale
Purpose of the Role
To assist the Logistics Project Manager with coordinating projects and expediting tasks associated with various implementation projects, helping to deliver our programs on time and on budget by providing an organized and efficient logistics function to the team, and supporting with other Business Process tasks as assigned.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage interactions with company personnel, Principle 360 Partners, transportation providers, warehouse providers and all other business departments in regard to Principle Logistics.
- Provide all freight quotations, consistent with objectives for freight pricing.
- Ensure all shipment requests are reviewed, booked, and tracked in the relevant Principle logistics tracking tool(s) in order to facilitate on time and on budget delivery.
- Manage freight claims and warranty claims to guarantee the company recovers the maximum value of the claim and establishes the root cause preventive action plan to minimize repeat occurrences.
- Communicate daily with key team members on any planned shipment/production changes and/or possible product delays that could possibly affect project timelines.
- Provide sound guidance and troubleshooting to Operations Teams by managing trade-offs between customer expectations and cost effectiveness, while mitigating capacity constraints across multiple Principle 360 Partners.
- Clearly communicate dependencies and manage exceptions.
- Provide cross functional support to other functional areas of the Business Process Group and Principle USA as a whole.
- Assist with Special Projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes - Essential:
- Previous shipping/logistics experience required
- Must have strong negotiating, interpersonal, communications, inventory management and team skills
- Must have strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office suite)
- Project management skills required for success in this role
- Exceptional math aptitude preferred
- Candidates with previous experience utilizing manufacturing planning, project management, or shipping software preferred.
- Software testing experience inclusive of analyzing users stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility desirable