We are seeking a Creative Artwork Lead to join our Creative team. We pride ourselves on a culture built on trust and respect and a place where every voice is heard. We are non-hierarchical and need self-starters, individuals who can see opportunities and don’t need to be told to act on them.
Purpose of the Role
The position will provide an excellent opportunity for a designer who is looking to own their own projects as well as being part of a team supporting on the creation of various creative deliverables both internally for Principle as well as for our exciting portfolio of global clients.
There are two main facets to the role:
- Supporting the creation of client requirements to align with a brand direction, such as brand guidelines, process methodologies, ways of working, standardised templates, and documents.
- Creating documents in support of Principle marketing and business development activities: RFP/bidding activities, including art-working, visual messaging and design content to support the proposals, and credentials, case studies, and other assets to support internal & external communications needs (e.g., newsletters, social media posts).
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Working with our clients:
- Create striking design materials for print and on-line.
- Creation of new assets, designs and artworks working with the Principle creative leads.
- Creation of client brand and design guidelines including content, layouts, and principles, writing of the guidelines.
- Creating and delivering assets against client guidelines as provided ensuring we’re creating the best quality deliverables.
- Creating and delivering assets from technical drawings and specs provided.
- Art-working of assets both print (from packaging to large format) and online assets.
- Receiving and creating briefs to be delivered against.
- Oversee the production of print projects.
- Attendance at client meetings where relevant.
- Supporting Principle marketing and business development asset creation & activities:
- Presentation development for the UK and, where required, global RFP and Bid responses working with the key Principle offer leads.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout your work and work within our Brand Guidelines.
- Creation of credentials presentations, case studies and other brand assets as required using our Principle templates and Brand Guidelines.
- Support design and production of internal communications and assets such as our monthly newsletter, ad hoc e-shots, and other corporate materials.
- Support photo/video shoots to capture Principle projects when creating assets, for example for case studies, social media, and website content.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes - Essential:
- The role demands a keen business sense as well as creative flair and an eye for detail.
- Be motivated and have a ‘can-do’ attitude with genuine passion, flair, and creativity.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken with excellent communication skills.
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, having the confidence to work with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Work on multiple projects at any one time with conflicting and changing deadlines.
- A great working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop. SketchUp & CAD desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge and capabilities retouching skills.
- Knowledge of print production and confidence in setting up your documents ready for external print.
- Strong interest in design trends and be an enthusiastic individual who is willing to learn new skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, layout and typography in all of your designs.
- Have excellent proof-reading skills.
- Excellent project/time management skills and the ability to stay positive - especially during busy/stressful periods.
- Be flexible – you must be able to manage and oversee numerous projects at any one time whilst adhering to deadlines.
- Experience in photography/video shoot production and content for social media is a bonus.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, SharePoint and Illustrator experience is advantageous.