March 31, 2022
Principle is a global brand and implementation consultancy with 22 offices and operations in more than 70 countries. Founded in 1987 in the UK, we work with many of the world’s leading companies to ensure that their brands are brought to life in any environment – from retail stores to pop-up brand experiences to corporate offices and production facilities. We work with clients in a range of industries and our priority sectors include automotive, financial services, retail, telecommunications and other large global corporates.
Principle has four divisions:
- Principle Intelligence – Our brand and business consultancy that sets strategic direction and develops platforms for growth
- Honest – Our creative studio that crafts powerful brand identities and experiences across every channel
- Principle Management Office (PMO) – Our program management office that drives brand transformation, efficiently and effectively
- Principle Implementation – Our implementation practice that executes sustainable brand change at speed and scale
Purpose of the Role
Job Type: Full Time (37½ hours per week), Interim
Location: Flexible / Huddersfield
Reports to: PMO - Design
Overview of our Design Workstream
Principle specialises in helping our clients to create, shape, plan and implement their brand, Corporate and Visual Identities around the world.
We work across multiple different sectors, including Retail, Automotive, Banking, Healthcare, Transportation and Corporate office / workplace.
We are a global business and as such we work with our clients to run design programmes of activity, wherever they may be based, around the world.
Our in-house design management capability is a fundamental workstream of our Programme Management and Implementation infrastructure as well as bring intrinsically linked to our creative design consultancy business.
This role is to work directly with an automotive client to support them with creating, developing and articulating their corporate and visual identity standards across their wider business stakeholders in order to provide them with deliverable design solutions and a consistent look and feel to their network of facilities.
The role is UK based, but it will support a Global rollout programme of work.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the quality of the Corporate and Visual Identity guidelines and how they are applied across all projects within the portfolio.
- Provide architectural guidance to all current and upcoming projects, so that all projects comply with the Corporate and Visual Identity
- Provide recommendations on architectural drawings & design schemes
- Support the development of any updates to the Corporate and Visual Identity manual
- Support and guide on the design intent pack process and manage the approvals process
- Support the training of all third-party architects in the core principles of the Corporate and Visual Identity concept to ensure consistent application globally
- Provide guidance on the approval of facility plans and advise on potential variations from the standards
- Management of the local variation governance process
- Work on ad-hoc projects as required
- Managing enquiries and responses to Corporate and Visual Identity related questions and queries received through a global email helpdesk
- Processing and uploading project documentation / drawing reviews to the portal
- Develop and maintain a tracking system for the projects & drawings reviewed
- Liaise with key regional and market stakeholders to provide support in the implementation of the programme
- Manage compliance of facility plans advising globally and locally where appropriate gateways and processes are not being followed
- Obtain Retailer facility cost from completed projects (where possible)
- Collate and maintain information on CI costing elements (where possible)
- Conduct or coordinate desktop compliance reviews, comprehensively reviewing sites and recording compliance data, making recommendations to the region for improvement
- Ensure collation of high-resolution photographs for each completed facility, ensuring they are shared and saved on the portal
- Update and maintenance of data management portal, supporting the reporting process
- Ensures that the content and requirements of the Corporate and Visual Identity guidelines are of a consistent quality
- Responsible for the output quality of all design outputs, created by our inhouse design team, including as is/ as built survey designs, format & space planning, layouts, materials and location schedules for all work-stream activity
- Maintains a design change log and version control of the Corporate and Visual Identity guidelines
- Is responsible for all design compliance across all work-streams
- Leads the communications between the client requirements and the design teams in each work-stream
- Acts as the interface between the interior and exterior design teams and the technical design team
- Peer reviews the supply Corporate and Visual Identity designs.
- Acts as the point of escalation for design decisions that are outside of the normal design guidance
- Makes suggestions for value engineering, or better design solutions that enables improvements in time, cost & quality of installations.
- Hold the library of regulations, code, legislation and design constraints that are applicable in each region. Use this to inform decision making on future planned portfolios of projects
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes - Essential:
- Client Focussed, with excellent client management skills.
- Fully proficient in design software, such as 2D AutoCAD, Photoshop, In Design, Sketch Up
- Flexible approach
- Willing to travel, including outside of the UK as required
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills, focused and the ability to multi-task, prioritise projects and meet deadlines in an ever changing, fast paced environment.
- Experience in commercial space planning.
- Experience in 3D Studio Max, and Revit.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator
- 25 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Option of Salary Exchange for pension.
- Able Futures - Mental Health Support Service
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere.