February 23, 2023
Principle is an international brand implementation company; we bring global brands to life in any environment, anywhere in the world.
Brand implementation and corporate identity roll out is a complicated job, we work with businesses to ensure their brand is delivered consistently by expertly providing consultancy, audit and project management, fit-out, signs and wayfinding, graphics, interiors, financing and regular maintenance
Purpose of the Role
Do you live and breathe great design? If so then this is an outstanding career opportunity within a brilliant brand implementation company, working with some of the biggest global brands.
We seek a talented, passionate and highly motivated Product Development Designer with superb technical abilities. Your portfolio will need to demonstrate your undoubted technical ability as well as being able to bring a fresh approach to an already highly talented multi-disciplinary team.
You will have a strong understanding of design for manufacture, be a hands-on product development designer with project leading abilities, coupled with supreme job running attributes and first class presentation skills. All of our clients like to see a beautifully presented drawing, but really do need to see all the technical detail of how it goes together and is physically manufactured. Our clients insist on seeing complete and comprehensive technical detail, it is all about detail with them. Can you deliver this level of work and understanding?
We are looking for someone who has a great technical understanding of working within the signage industry, technical joinery knowledge would also be advantageous. This accompanied with full capabilities of the respective materials.
The ideal candidate should have worked within the production of but not limited to Interior & Exterior Signage solutions at various levels and have knowledge of but not limited to, concept, technical specification, manufacture and installation.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Engineer products from concept to manufacture for prototype and roll out programmes whist working with clients, design agencies and manufacturers.
- Produce well engineered, cost effective products that can be manufactured in various locations around the world.
- Create engineering drawing packs, to be used as translation documents for manufacture, for multi-disciplined manufacturing techniques.
- Creating visuals and general arrangement drawings for client presentation / sign off procedures.
- Develop / engineer various internal & external components.
- Produce fully developed / engineered components ready for manufacture for prototyping, bespoke and roll out components.
- Produce technical drawings / Solidworks assemblies ready for manufacture.
- Produce concept visuals for client presentations.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes - Essential:
- Excellent research skills for new products, materials and processes.
- Experienced in materials and various manufacturing techniques: signage, metal fabrication etc.
- Degree in a Design / Engineering related qualification.
- Proficient in MS packages and Solidworks, Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must have solid industry experience including the ability to design for manufacture.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable and confident communicating with clients, internal project management, internal & external manufacturing teams.
- Must possess design project management skills including the ability to work independently, strong time management and confidence to flag issues and provide solutions.
- Flexibility to meet deadlines to produce the required output, including after-hours work.
- Must be extremely detail orientated and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in the production of Signage components is essential.